Walking Meditation by Thich Nhat Hanh & Nguyen Anh-Huong
Easy Steps to Mindfulness
What if every step you took deepened your connection with all of life, heightening your perception of the infinite wonders of the present moment? With Walking Meditation: Easy Steps to Mindfulness, you will discover an instructional program for a serene spiritual practice that will help you walk with presence and peace of mind, whether in the stillness of nature or on a bustling sidewalk in the city.
Just as sitting meditation draws focused attention to the breath, walking meditation centers the practitioner in the aliveness of the present moment through movement. As taught by the esteemed Buddhist master Thich Nhat Hanh and one of his principle students, Nguyen Anh-Huong, Walking Meditation illuminates the central tenets of this powerful art.
Now including online access to complementary audio and video guided meditations, this book features progressive instruction in basic mindfulness techniques such as conscious breathing and walking mindfully in nature, then proceeds to methods for meditative walking anywhere and any time―even in busy public spaces. You will also learn:
• How to recognize the miracle in simply walking―not as a means to an end, but as the opportunity to touch the fullness of life
• Reversing "habit energy" through the union of body and mind
• Using walking meditation to work with difficult emotions such as anger and anxiety
• Learning to walk with apranihita―joyful and appreciative aimlessness
With Walking Meditation, practitioners from every spiritual tradition will find "our home in the here and now, as the long road we all must walk turns to quiet joy."
- Hardcover: 64 pages
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 1 x 6.5 inches