Aura Quartzes are among the most visually striking crystals out there. Although they are a relatively new arrival to the crystal world, they have ignited quite a controversy among collectors and healing practitioners because they are created through an artificial process. Today we want to share some information about how Aura crystals are created as well as our notes on their unique properties.
The exact processes and metal combinations of creating the various types of Aura Quartzes are not openly shared, due to fear of trade secrets being given to other manufacturers. Therefore, it is often difficult to get accurate information about these crystals. There are only a handful of manufacturers worldwide that have the equipment necessary to produce them. Additionally, the cost of the precious metals involved in the process is constantly rising. These high costs of production, coupled with the fact that there is a large percentage of breakage during the process (due to the extreme heat involved – up to 1600° F), makes these somewhat rare stones a desirable addition to any crystal collection.
Aura Quartz is made by placing natural Quartz crystals into a vacuum chamber with vaporized metals for 12-18 hours. The “atomized” metal molecules then adhere to the surface of the Quartz through an electrostatic process. They coat it, creating the beautiful display of colors you see in the images in the post. The thin metallic coating (generally less than 1 micron thick) cannot be scratched or rubbed off. This is because it has been molecularly bonded with the surface of the Quartz. This is mostly done to small points or clusters. However, due to Aura Quartz's popularity, it is now also possible to find tumbled Aura stones.
Varieties and Healing Properties of Aura Quartz
Some healers prefer not to use these stones as they are not completely natural (i.e. they are a “man-encouraged” creation). However, others consider these stones to be useful healing tools. Although the process for making these stones is not carried out within the earth, the stones are made of all natural components. There are no man-made or synthetic additives (such as plastics or dyes). Therefore, it seems as though the Quartz simply acts as a natural amplifier to the metals bonded to it.
For example, Aqua Aura Quartz is Quartz that has been coated in pure, 24k Gold. The thin layer of Gold atoms on the surface of the Quartz would not generally be enough to use for healing purposes. However, the energy of the Quartz crystal enhances and amplifies the energy of the Gold to the extent that it can be successfully used for healing.
We have worked with various types of Aura Quartz crystals and found that the following healing properties may be attributed to each stone. As always, use your own intuition to determine what will work best for you. These are only suggestions as to how these stones may be used.
AMETHYST AURA QUARTZ:
- Also known as Lavender Aura Quartz
- Made with Magnesium & Platinum
- Use at the 6th Chakra (Third Eye Chakra/Brow Chakra) or at the 7th Chakra (Crown Chakra)
- Use to bring about feelings of spiritual wholeness, to instill happiness and joy, to enhance Zen states and meditation practices, to give one a sense of child-like wonder, and to connect one with nature spirits and beings of the Faery Realm.
- Iridescent White or Clear
- Made with Platinum and/or Silver
- Also known as Opal Aura Quartz or as Pearl Aura Quartz.
- Use at the 4th Chakra (Heart Chakra) or 7th Chakra (Crown Chakra)
- Use to open oneself to divine knowledge, to stimulate deep spiritual experiences, to promote successful meditation, to aid in establishing a connection to one’s angels or guides, to bring love and light into any situation, to promote feelings of safety and security, to enhance Lovingkindness, to facilitate peace and calming, to mend broken relationships, to enhance forgiveness on oneself or of others, and to enhance compassionate attitudes.
APPLE AURA QUARTZ:
- Bright Green
- Made with Nickel and/or Gold
- Also known as Emerald Aura Quartz
- Use at the 3rd Chakra (Solar Plexus Chakra) or at the 4th Chakra (Heart Chakra)
- Use to purify the energy body, to balance and align all chakras, to bring about necessary change and to break old patterns or belief systems, to instill courage, and to help one to appreciate the beauty in life’s everyday happenings.
AQUA AURA QUARTZ:
- Bright Blue
- Made with Gold
- Use at the 5th Chakra (Throat Chakra) or 6th Chakra (Third Eye Chakra/Brow Chakra)
- Use to open one to psychic insight, to strengthen the heart chakra energies, to connect the heart chakra with the throat chakra (allowing one to speak his or her inner truth), to help one to grow and evolve as a spiritual being, to connect one to his or her spirit guides, for astral travel, and to facilitate shamanic journeying.
CHAMPAGNE AURA QUARTZ:
- Smoky Brown-Gold
- Made with Gold, Iron, and Platinum
- Use at the 3rd Chakra (Solar Plexus Chakra) or at the 7th Chakra (Crown Chakra)
- Use to bring divine energy into the body for healing the physical, emotional, or spiritual aspects of the self, to aid in spiritual ascension, to connect one with the divine for channeling information, to open one to new experiences (so that they may not need be repeated in a future lifetime), and to stimulate one’s conscious awareness.
COBALT AURA QUARTZ:
- Dark Blue with Iridescent Gold
- Made with Cobalt
- Also known as Royal Aura Quartz, Steel Blue Aura Quartz, or as Azure Aura Quartz
- Use at the 6th Chakra (Third Eye Chakra/Brow Chakra)
- Use to dissipate feelings of anger, to aid in developing a state of non-attachment, to aid in enhancing meditative states, to facilitate a connection with the emotional body, and to provide the opportunity to learn from the water element.
COPPER AURA QUARTZ:
- Metallic Copper
- Made with Copper
- Use at the 1st Chakra (Root Chakra/Base Chakra) or at the 2nd Chakra (Sacral Chakra)
- Use for grounding, to allow one to see his or her shadow side in order aid in self-growth and self-evolution, to aid in healing past-life trauma, to balance the emotions, and to enhance vitality.
ELECTRIC BLUE AURA QUARTZ:
- Pale Sky Blue
- Made with Gold, Silver, and Platinum
- Use at the 5th Chakra (Throat Chakra)
- Use to enhance communication with one’s guardian angels, spirit guides, totem animals, ascended masters, or with one’s higher self; to promote spiritual ascension; instill peace and calming; to relieve anxiety; to remove negativity from the energy body; and to reduce stress caused by putting pressure on oneself.
KIWI AURA QUARTZ:
- Teal Green
- Made with Gold and Silver or Platinum
- Use at the 4th Chakra (Heart Chakra) or at the 5th Chakra (Throat Chakra)
- Use to instill a deep appreciation for nature, to connect one with nature spirits and beings of the Fairy Realm, to heal blockages caused by emotional trauma, to instill courage and bravery in the user, to promote feelings of comfort and safety (especially when in strange places), and to encourage self-love and forgiveness.
TANGERINE AURA QUARTZ:
- Made with Copper, Gold, and Iron
- Also known as Melon Aura Quartz, Imperial Gold Aura Quartz, Dreamcicle Aura Quartz, or as Orange Mist Aura Quartz.
- Use at the 2nd Chakra (Sacral Chakra), 3rd Chakra (Solar Plexus Chakra), or at the 4th Chakra (Heart Chakra)
- Use to stimulate compassion, to promote forgiveness (of oneself and of others), to heal the emotional body, to repair damaged relationships between parents and children, and to instill happiness and joy.
RAINBOW AURA QUARTZ:
- Dark Iridescent
- Made with Titanium and/or Niobium. Note: There is a natural variety of Rainbow Aura Quartz coated with an iridescent variety of Hematite known as Turgite.
- Also known as Flame Aura Quartz
- Use at the 1st Chakra (Root Chakra/Base Chakra), 6th Chakra (Third Eye Chakra/Brow Chakra), or 7th Chakra (Crown Chakra)
- Use to stimulate a connection with the divine, to enhance psychic insight, to facilitate a spiritual connection with nature, to aid in seeing and reading auras, to promote lucid dreaming and dream recall, and for promoting positive self-reflection.
ROSE AURA QUARTZ:
- Rose Pink
- Made with Platinum
- Also known as Raspberry Aura Quartz.
- Use at the 4th Chakra (Heart Chakra)
- Use to instill a sense of Lovingkindess; to help heal emotional trauma; aid in enhancing forgiveness; to aid in recovering from any type of abuse on a physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual level; and to help one find a tactful way to communicate in difficult situations.
RUBY AURA QUARTZ:
- Hot Pink
- Made with Gold, Silver, and Platinum
- Use at the 1st Chakra (Root Chakra/Base Chakra)
- Use to instill vitality and motivation, to help warm the physical body, to aid in moving the Kundalini energy throughout the body (either rising or returning to the resting state), and to promote balanced circulation in the body.
SUNSHINE AURA QUARTZ:
- Made with Iron and/or Platinum and Gold. Note: There is a natural variety of Sunshine Aura Quartz coated with Iron, but not Platinum or Gold; similarly, Tangerine Quartz and Golden Healer Quartz are both naturally Iron-coated varieties of Quartz); (Variety has also been made using Spirit Quartz)
- Use at the 2nd Chakra (Sacral Chakra) or at the 3rd Chakra (Solar Plexus Chakra)
- Use to instill a sense of happiness and joy especially in the winter months, to enhance one’s self-esteem and personal power by providing a stable emotional platform from which to act, and for spiritual grounding.
TANZAN AURA QUARTZ:
- Cornflower Blue
- Made with Gold and Indium
- Also known as Tanzine Aura Quartz, Tanzanite Aura Quartz, Celestial Aura Quartz, or as Indigo Aura Quartz). Use at the 5th Chakra (Throat Chakra) or at the 6th Chakra (Third Eye Chakra/Brow Chakra) to connect with beings from the angelic realm, to facilitate astral travel, for dream healing work, to ease feelings of grief, to aid in connecting with those on the other side, and to enhance intuitive guidance and the gift of foresight.
Ultra Aura Quartz
Recently, a new line of aura quartzes have come onto the market known as Ultra Aura Quartz. The companies that make these crystals have been secretive about what combination of metals they use to create them, and they're so new that we don't yet have much information about their specific metaphysical properties. We're listing them for you below for your reference:
- Cotton Candy Aura (vibrant pink to magenta)
- Cranberry Aura (pale purple)
- Daffodil/Moonglow Aura (lemon yellow)
- Kiwi/Verde Aura (lime green)
- Peach Aura (deep orange)
- Pistachio Aura (pale green)
- Sugar Aura (pale pink)
Check out this article from the Love & Light School of Crystal Healing for even more information on Aura Quartz!