Herbal Healing for Women by Rosemary Gladstar
Simple, safe, and effective herbal remedies for women of all ages.
For centuries women have turned to herbs to cope with a wide variety of health problems and conditions. Comprehensive and easy-to-use, Herbal Healing for Women explains how to create remedies—including teas, tinctures, salves, and ointments—for the common disorders that arise in the different cycles of a woman's life.
Covering adolescence, childbearing years, pregnancy and childbirth, and menopause, Rosemary Gladstar teaches how herbs can be used to treat the symptoms of conditions such as acne, PMS, morning sickness, and hot flashes. A complete women's health-care manual, Herbal Healing for Women discusses:
- Common disorders and the herbs that are effective for treating them
- How to select and store herbs
- Preparation of hundreds of herbal remedies
- An alphabetical listing of herbs, including a brief description of the herb, the general medicinal usage, and when necessary, warnings about potential side effects.
By explaining the properties of specific herbs and the art of preparation, Rosemary Gladstar demonstrates not only how to achieve healing through herbs but good health as well.
- Paperback: 304 pages
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches